When it comes to choosing which 3d blu rays to purchase you need to know which films were converted from 2d to 3d and which were actually shot using 3d cameras. Using a 3d camera takes skill so I put together a list of the best 3-d movies on blu ray right now. Put your new tv to work and impress the in-laws or friends with these 3d films that take advantage of pop out effects. I put this list together after watching all the latest 3d movies out there from streaming to blu rays such as Jurassic Park, Hercules, etc. You won’t believe what movie I have ranked #1 and no it’s not Avatar. The good news is if you have netflix you can stream it now. When I stream it on my LG 3d tv it looks amazing on uhd or 4k tvs. So here is my list of the best movies with 3d effects from 2009-2015.
Best pop Out Effects on 3d Blu Ray
- a Turtle’s Tale – It’s not the best animated movie or story but in my opinion it has the best pop out 3d effects. This film always gets a fun reaction whenever I’m showing it off to friends and family. I even see adults reaching out their hands trying to catch the fish that fly by. In the end that is why all of us get 3d tv’s to experience the movies we love in a more fun way. This video has amazing colors, depth and pop out effects making this movie 10 times better. At the moment of writing this you can stream this now on netflix or buy on amazon. View a full list of netflix 3d movies to see recently whats recently added.
- Walking With Dinosaurs – is another great blu ray 3d pop out movie. Keep in mind i’m not talking about the best movies, stories but these movies are perfect for the kids. My kids go crazy watching this.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 [3D+Blu Ray + Dvd]– One of the best animated movies even better with 3d effects. If you haven’t seen this buy this now!
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For [3d Blu-ray +dvd +digital] – Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller’s sequel to the amazing Sin City is a must watch. There is no denying that Rodriguez knows how to utilize 3D appropriately. The executive has been shooting in local 3D for quite a long time and he sees how to layer a shot, exploiting the added dimensionality to draw the viewer into the film. He’s likewise more than cheerful to toss things at the screen, which absolutely lives up to expectations with the over-the-top comic book sensibilities of Sin City. The blend of highly contrasting liveliness, live performing artists and sprinkles of shading just blasts off the screen in 3D and, if that wasn’t a sufficient reason, Eva Green spends a large portion of the film bare.
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital HD] – Matt Reeves decided to shoot this subsequent meet-up the fantastic Rise of the Planet of the Apes in 3D and the outcomes are fabulous. The utilization of the additional dimensions means the post-apocalyptic-world world feels instinctively real and Weta’s apes look all the too good! The expansion of 3D is the last true to life touch to a film that was far superior than anybody could have expected and a well deserved summer blockbuster.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet Combo Pack) – My love of 3d movies started the day I saw this film IMax 3d. All I have to say is Smaug is the biggest bad ass ever.
- Avatar (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray/ DVD Combo Pack) – no 3d movie collection is complete without this one.
- Island of Lemurs: Madagascar (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack With Bonus Blu-ray 3D) – this movie was actually shot using a 3d camera. The scenery is breath taking and a cute movie for the kids
- Pacific Rim (3D Blu-ray) – Although this movie wasn’t shot using a 3d camera it still looks amazing in 3d. This is one of my favorite 3d movies. I find myself easily watching this one over and over with the family. Not to mention who doesn’t love gigantic robots and monsters fighting. It actually is a really good movie even with a simple plot
- Dredd [3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet] – So it wasn’t the Judge Dredd film we all hoped for, but it was a fantastic 3D movie! With Bad Ass 3d effects and right now only $5 on Amazon. Like all the best 3 D films out there it was shot natively and the added layers of dimension was used to create amazing effects, especially during the slow motion scenes. The ending result was a having fun watching a bunch of bad dudes get blown away. You felt the true chaos of what Mega City One would be like. A stunning example of how to really use the 3d the right way.
- Resident Evil: Retribution 3D – Say what you want in regarding Paul W. S. Anderson’s films yet the gentleman knows how to shoot in 3 d. It’s a fun film where the 3D is the focal point with in your face action, for the delight and satisfaction of 3D fans everywhere.