Great news for the owners of HTC Desire Z. Now you can download Android 2.3 Gingerbread CynogenMod 7 stable custom ROM. The developer of CynogenMod 7 is now reached at RC 1 stage and at this level builds are usually stable. Now we are going straightaway to the step by step guide of how to download and install CyanogenMod 7 Android 2 3 Gingerbread custom ROM on Desire Z.
Step by Step guide on flashing or installing CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread on Desire Z :
- First to all make sure that your device is rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed. If you didn’t know how to root and falsh CWM recovery click here.
- After rooting with recovery installed, free download CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread RC 1 for HTC Desire Z from here and make sure you are saving file on your desktop.
- After installing the ROM, you can download Google Apps from here and flash it manually.
- Connect your Desire Z with your computer via USB cable and connect your SD card as new flash drive.
- Now copy the downloaded CM7 ROM and Google App files to SD card root.
- Reboot your phone in recovery mod and create a backup file.
Once you are done with backing up your device, go to recovery main menu and scroll down to Wipe / Reset settings. Wipe Data, Cache and perform a complete system resent.
- After the completion of Wiping stage, flash or install CyanogenMod 7 RC1 Android 2.3 Gingerbread using Zip from SD card.
- When the installation of CyanogenMod 7 complete, your phone restart automatically.
- Now you need to reboot your phone into recovery and flash Google app.
And that’s it, now you are running Andriod 2.3 Gingerbread CM 7 custom ROM on your HTC Desire Z. If you need any help and support you may discuss it with live CyanogenMod Forum thread here.