Great new for the owners of Acer Iconia A500 Android Honeycomb Tablet, root is just released. Acer Iconia A500 Tablet 1Ghz is just released few days ago and today its root is available there. All credit for this root goes to the XDA Official forum member and Android developers mokia-magic and Chainfire. Root access has been achieved through the modified version of Gingerbreak App, which allow you to root Gingerbread devices. Gingerbreak app is modified to root Acer Iconia and its works great.
If you are ready to root tablet, we will guide you how to root Acer Iconia honeycomb tablet. Follow the below step by step guide to root Acer Iconia Android Tablet.
Note: Root at your own risk, Uptomark.com is not responsible for any lose or damage. Thanks
Guide to Root Acer Iconia Honeycomb Tablet:
- First of all you need to download and Install Android SDK/ADB from here. If you already have it’s save your alot of time.
- After that download OI File Manager and Busybox.
- Enable unknown source in settings > Applications.
- Also enable USB debugging mod Go to Setting > Applications > Development.
- Download modified version of Gingerbreak app.
- And ofcource SD card in your device.
Step by step Instructions to root Acer Iconia A500:
- Launch ADB/ADK Android Manager which you installed in first step.
- Connect your device with ADB Android Manager and a command prompt popup window also open with ADB manager.
- Enter the following command in ADB:
- adb push c:\Gingerbreak-v1.20.apk /data/local
- Replacing with C:/with the path where you downloaded the Gingerbreak-v1.20.apk file.
- Now rotate the tablet’s display to portrait mode and lock the screen to this mode.
- Run OI File Manger and browse to /data/local/Gingerbreak-v1.20.apk, to install the APK file.
- Now launch Gingerbreak and select Root Device.
- Rooting process will take 5 – 10 minutes, after few minutes device will reboot when rooting process complete.
- When the device reboot done, launch the Busybox app which is automatically installed on your device.
Congratulation you have successfully rooted your Acer Iconia A500 Android Honeycomb Tablet. If you still need any help or support, head over to the XDA Android Developer forum live thread here.