As we already break the news of CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies are now available for download, this time great news for Google Nexus S. CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Nightlies is also available for Google Nexus S. Earlier we reported that CM 7 Alpha is for Nexus S, but this time we will get full version, which is working perfect. Here we guide you how to install CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 on Google Nexus S. If you are searching for CyanogenMod 7 HTC wildfire installation guide, then you are at right place. The below installation guide is almost same for HTC wildfire.
Step by Step guide how to download and install CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread nightly build on your Samsung Google Nexus S.
- The first step is to make sure that your Google Nexus S is rooted.
- Now download CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Custom ROM from hereand save the file on your desktop. You can also download compatible Google Apps from here, in case you need them after upgrading your handset to CM7.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer and copy both these files to your phone.
- Now launch Market and download ROM Manager.
- Once the download is complete, launch ROM Manager and tap on flash ClockworkModRecovery. Make sure that your phone is connected over a stable Wi-Fi internet connection.
- After recovery is installed on your phone, tap on flash ROM from SD Card on ROM Manager.
- On the resulting menu, scroll down to where CM7 zip file is located and tap to install.
- Checkmark make a backup and wipe cache and tap on OK.
- Now your phone will automatically boot into recovery and ROM installation process will embark.
- Your phone will reboot once the ROM installation finishes.
And that’s it. Now you have installed CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Ginbread custom ROM on your Samsung Google Nexus S. If you have any issue after installing CM 7 on your Phone, you may discuss in the active thread on XDA official forum.
Via: Ali Waqas