Have you ever thought of running Android applications on your computer? And if you don’t have enough money to buy an Android device for you, or if you want to have a test drive before buying one. Then here we are today to tell you the whole process of how to use Android applications on your computer and have a very nice test drive, because it is possible in today’s technology.
Just follow our simple steps, to install it on your computer.
Softwares to Download
First of all you need an internet connection to install the required softwares. To run the Android SDK emulator, you will need the Java Development Kit (JDK). Please note that Java Runtime is different than the Java Development Kit. If your computer already has Java installed, you might be wondering why you’d require to install it again. Java Runtime doesn’t work when the Java Development Kit is necessary. For regular computer users, most probably the JDK isn’t installed. Download JDK HERE. Once JDK is installed, now you need an Android SDK, which is the emulator. Download the Android SDK HERE.
Follow these Steps before Installing Emulator
- First of all install java on your computer, it will take too much time.
- Now extract the zipped Android SDK that you downloaded right after Java.
- Now, to begin installation run the SDK Setup.exe program.
- This executable program will contact Google servers to check the available packages.
- If you notice an SSL error this time, you can uncheck the force SSL option. You will find it on the window titled Android SDK and AVD Manager that you will find running in the background.
- Now you will see the package installer with all the available packages. Here, you should disable all the previous or unnecessary versions of Android. Click on the version name and click the radio button “reject”. Just choose the one that you want to test drive. You can, of course, download all of them that are selected, but it will take a long time to download all of them.
- Now, Android will begin downloading on your computer.
Follow these Steps to Install Android
- Once the download is completed, select Virtual Devices from the main window and click New from the right side.
- Name your new Android device and choose the version from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the size of SD card. This is where all the Android settings and files will be stored in. For the skin, you can set default (Nexus One).
- Click, Create AVD when done. The program may stop responding when the creation is in progress. You can sit back and wait until the confirmation window appears.
- Now, you are ready to run Android. Choose the one you just created and click start from the right side.
- Before the emulator launches, you will see a small box asking you for settings to open it.
- For the first time, the emulator may take a little longer to load. But at the end, you will see Android running on your computer
- On the Android screen, you can use your cursor to do things like you do on your computer. However, you will not need to double-click to open applications.
At last, Android is installed on your computer. You can test Android lock screens, change wallpaper, run pre-installed application as well as download new ones. Well, this is a quick and very nice way to test drive Android on your computer before buying the one. Hope you will enjoy it, do write to us after using.
You can also check our other Android related posts for applications and many more updates. Have a good day!!!