Now personalizing your BlackBerry Smartphone is really easy. All thanks to the Avatar Builder application that is now available in BlackBerry App World, in girls and guys edition. By using the Avatar Builder app, you’ll be able to create and customize an avatar to look just like you.
Today I am going to provide you people an overview of how to install the Avatar Builder app on your BlackBerry Smartphone and then how to share your avatar with friends and family. Check it out step by step:
Step 1: Installing Avatar Builder
Before installing Avatar Builder, few things should be checked first:
1. Are you using a BlackBerry Smartphone that is supported?
2. Are you using the required BlackBerry Device Software version?
3. Are you located in a supported country?
Download Avatar Builder Girls Edition HERE
Download Avatar Builder Guys Edition HERE
Step 2: Creating your Avatar
After launching Avatar Builder for the first time, you’ll be able to create, view and edit your avatars.
When you select Create, you’ll be presented with the image given above which will allow you to select the item you’d like to customize, such as your hair style, eyes, and accessories of course (+1 for headphones!). To change or remove something you’ve set, all you need to do is select the item you’d like to remove, and then either click on the item you’d like to replace it with or click the red X that appears on the right to remove it completely.
When you are finished customizing your avatar, click on the green arrow or the menu key to save it. You also have the ability to create a random avatar by clicking on the red dice in the top right corner. Don’t forget that you can also access several options while creating your avatar by selecting the Menu key. Within this menu, you’ll be able to do things such as resetting the avatar that you are currently creating.
Step 3: Displaying your Avatar
Now after creating your avatar you can set it as your BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) display picture. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open BlackBerry Messenger, press the Menu key and select “View My Profile”.
2. Press the Menu key again and select “Change Display Picture”.
3. Select “Picture Library” and click on the avatar you’d like to use.
4. Specify how you’d like to crop your avatar, then press the Menu key and select Crop & Save.
5. Your avatar will now appear as your BlackBerry Messenger display picture.
Step 4: Sharing your Avatar
Now you can share your avatar with friends on Facebook, Twitter and anyone with an email address. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open Avatar Builder.
2. Select “View or Edit Avatars“.
3. Highlight the avatar you’d like to share, press the Menu key and select “Share This Avatar”.
4. From the menu, select Facebook, Twitter or Email.
So, that’s all about installing, creating, displaying and sharing your avatar for BlackBerry. Try this app out and do tell us how was that. For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter and Facebook.