Today we guide you how to jailbreak your PS3/PlayStation 3 firmware 3.55 and how to install custom package on your PS3. PlayStation is jailbreaked by Geohot who already successfully jailbreak iPhone. After that jailbreak Geohot released jailbreak publicly on their own site. First of all we here guide you how to jailbreak your PlayStation.
How to jailbreak your PlayStation v3.55 firmware guide.
1. Plug a USB stick into your computer
2. Create a folder in the root of the USB stick called PS3
3. Create a folder inside the PS3 folder called UPDATE
4. Download http://geohot.com/jailbreak.zip
5. Unzip Jailbreak.zip to PS3UPDAT.PUP
6. Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
7. Plug the USB stick into your PS3
8. Navigate to Settings Tab
9. Choose System Update
10. Choose Update via Storage Media
11. It will say it found Version 3.55-jb
12. Choose OK
13. Accept Conditions and Install Update
14. After less than a minute, your PS3 will update, beep 4 times then shut down.
15. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the controller)
16. Your PS3 is now jailbroken!
How to install custom package on your PlayStation v3.55 firmware.
1. Plug your USB stick into your computer
2. Drop http://geohot.com/test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
3. Plug your USB stick into your PS3
4. Navigate to the Game Tab
5. Choose Install Package Files
6. Select the test.pkg
7. After it installs you will find the test package from geohot installed below the Install Package Files folder
8. Wait for more packages to be created by the PS3 community
Thanks to StealthBravo for the instructions.
Here is the video guide of how to jailbreak PS3 and install Package on it.