Great news for Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 owners, now you can download and install Android 2.2 Froyo ROM your device. The all credit goes to Developer and member of XDA forum Needo. The developer just release the Froyo Custom ROM for Xperia X1 which is based in CyanogenMod Modded build. The one of the coolest thing about this ROM is that it open the true power of your X1’s touchscreen by unlocking it to 20.1 FPS!
The developer of this ROM claims that, it is one of the fast, smooth and stable ROM for Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. All the important functions which you need to on your Xperia is working fine. The developer said that he didn’t receive any report bug. Following are the important functions of Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 are working fine with Android 2.2 Froyo ROM.
- 3D drivers
- Voice search added
- Maps & Navigation
- CPU overclocked to 700 mhz – No SOD
After installing the ROM processing speed of X1 overclocked up to 700 MHz with 20.2 FPS sound. There is not any major issue with battery in this build, only issue is the the battery not show exact stats. The ROM is a treat to have on your phone with animated transitions, revitalized boot animated and extensive theming to suit your needs. the toggle widgets, circle launcher and File manager are packaged within the ROM file. Below we also guide you how to download and install Android 2.2 Froyo custom ROM on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 which is based on CynogenMod 6.1 Neopeek port.
Step by step video guide how to download and install Froyo ROM on Xperia X1 :
- First you need to create 2 partition on your phone memory card/SD card by following the instruction given below in video.
- After that download the Android 2.2 Froyo ROM from here and copy .rar file to your phone SD card root.
- Than launch the npkinstall folder and press on install.exe.
- Once the your phone automatically restarts, open the haret.exe file and that’s it. Congratulation you are successfully installed the Custom Froyo ROM on your Xperia X1.
For more information and support or reporting any bug, participate in active thread on XDA forum on this topic here.