Great news for the owners of Huawei Ideos S7 series Android tablets. New ROM with updated Android 2.2.2 Froyo firmware is just released and available for download on the Android developers forum. All credit for this ROM goes to the member of Android Tablet forum tri_zet. The developer also conformed that new updated of Android Froyo firmware working smooth and stable. It is also compatible with Huawei Ideos S7 series tablets like:
S7-103, Indonesian version with dual cameras internal/external sdcard
S7-104, US BestBuy/RadioShack version with dual cameras and internal/external sdcard
S7-105, Australian version with dual cameras and external sdcard
Partially working with S7-101, Austria version and S7-103, New Zealand version.
If you are ready to port Android froyo on you device, first of all conform your model/variant from the above list. All though it is possible to revert back, but keep in mind flashing wrong firmware on your device may risk to temporary or permanent brick. So do at your own risk uptomarkc.com is not responsible for any damage.
How to install Android 2.2.2 Froyo update on Huawei Ideos S7:
Follow the below steps carefully to flash new ROM on your device.
2. Turn off the unit, and ensure that you are either plugged in with a battery inside the unit, or that you have enough charge left in your battery
3. turn on, and a progress bar will appear in the middle of the screen. Wait until “OK” is displayed on the screen.
4. Turn off the unit by removing the battery and any powerplugs to the S7
5. Repeat steps 2,3,4 again. otherwise it will hang at boot screen (instructed by Huawei)
6. Remove the SD card and start the device. If you wish the use the card for the device, remove the firmware files from the SD card before reinserting it.
After following above installation instructions hopefully, you install the update on your device. If still need any help or need support head over to the Android Tablet Official forum live thread here.